Monday, December 18, 2006

Purry Christmas!

Alix: Awwww, what a cute card. But shouldn't it be Percy's turn to be the star this year? Seems to me that Ccino gets all the publicity! Of course he does have star quality, but Percy is old faithful!

Maddie: Yes, yes, Capp is our show cat. I really try for the other guys, but they have to work with me too.

Alix: Poor Percy. You knew I'd say that. I mean, Ccino is the very last entrant to your family. So what if he's gorgeous? Doesn't Percynality count for something? I'm going to have to get tough with you. Percy deserves a POW and I want you to post one, even if he's just sleeping (See Smoothie Day).

Alix got tough with me and Larry's gonna get technical on you. You might infer that then Percy was the first cat into the family, but it was Wooster. Looking all snuggly, rolling over on his back and reaching out with a paw. Let me preface that this was in the Connecticut Humane Society's facility in Newington, CT. He was the first cat who chose us. Next, Larry found Puffin, both he and Wooster of the domestic long haired variety of feline. Thirdly, senior senor Percy was brought into the "interview room". The staff interviews the humans to make sure we understand the responsibilities of caring for a pet. More importantly, I wanted the cats to interview each other, to pass the butt-sniffing and nose-kissing tests. Since there wasn't Tazmanian Devil fur flying, we adopted all three cats that day. Percy and Wooster have this alpha cat posturing going on, but on the whole the boys get along just fine.

Less than a year later, my Dad met Cappuccino in a pet store. He called me to say that this was just too beautiful a cat to be kept in their basement (where my Mom relegates pets.) With trepidation (4 boys?!), I brought home Ccino. Having come from an apartment with six or seven other Himalayans, this was nothing to him and everyone bonded nicely.