Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going back to school

My neurologist, Dr. Evans, at Alvarado Hospital Medical Center also teaches at UCSD School of Medicine, Department of Neurology. I had an appointment with him on Tuesday.
"Dr. Evans is particularly interested in teaching medical students and resident physicians, focusing on the application of evidence-based medicine and humanism in clinical neurology."
So he asked if I would be willing to go to UCSD and sit in on one of his classes. There would be about 120 first-year students, I would be "mic-ed up" and there's also a video camera for the students in the back. He would explain my stroke and I could talk about whatever I wanted to and there would be a Q&A. Larry would speak from the caregiver's perspective.

It's February 15th, 8:00 - 9:00 am in La Jolla. Set the alarm!