Friday, December 3, 2010

Six month anniversary

I'll mark the occasion with a trip to therapy. I can't believe it's been 6 months and sometimes it feels like forever. I can't say I'm lucky to be alive because I never felt that my life was in danger (although Larry probably did). I'm grateful for my sweetie for EVERYTHING including making meals and bringing me to rehab and being such a sweetheart. I'm thankful for insurance, therapy and excellent therapists. Spasticity I can do without, but even that has its purpose (at first, protection) and thank goodness for baclofen (muscle relaxer). I'm happy that I am getting stronger and that I'm walking without a cane in the bedroom. I'm grateful to have the Challenge Center close by for my new phase of therapy. San Diego State is nearby too. I'm happy that I found one-stroke painting and that I'm pretty good at it, too! Here's our holiday project:

Yea, I guess I'm lucky.